Here are 10 quirky things (to name a few) that you may not already know about yours truly:
1. I pace around the room/house/property when I talk on the phone. The more intense the conversation, the more I pace. No one knows exactly why I do this, I just do.
2. I have a mole on the bottom of my right foot.
3. I am anal about oral hygiene. I am sure I picked this up from my mother, who drilled into my small brain at a young age the importance of brushing your teeth several times daily.
4. I have tiny hands. Literally, they are the size of a child's hands. It's a miracle I can play piano as well as I do, since I have trouble reaching many chords.
5. I can whistle louder than probably anyone you know. It happens to be my favorite talent.
6. I cannot walk in a straight line. This poses a problem in large groups of people, because I tend to bump into everyone every few seconds.
7. I am generally a nice person, but on occasion I cannot resist subtlely irritating really annoying people. Usually I only do this when the person has consistently exhibited annoying or rude behavior. Then I work my magic. An example of this actually occurred today in my one of my classes:
There is a girl who I sit by in one of my classes who for many reasons, annoys me a great deal. She is often frustrated when she doesn't understand things, sometimes to the point of tears. If I try to kindly explain them to her, she takes offense for some reason, makes some rude remark, ignores my advice, pouts, and then insists on asking the professor. Granted, I am not an expert on the subject, but I generally know what I am talking about when it comes to easier concepts that she doesn't understand. It often seems like she looks for opportunities to be offended, so lately I have just not been helping her. Also she knows she is an amazing singer and insists on belting (opera style, might I add) the hymns that we sing in class, and is sullen if she doesn't get to pick out the hymn every day. It's also funny that even though she sings louder than anyone in the entire class, if anyone should be singing too loudly next to her, heaven forbid, she SOMEHOW cannot hear herself, and has to cover her ear to better hear herself. Good grief.
Well today I was particularly annoyed by her, so I decided to play the sing too loudly game. Basically this consists of me singing loud enough to bother her, to the point where she has to cover her ear. Hahah. Subtle yet soo satisfying.
8. I am very touchy feely. By this I mean that I hug people, pat their heads, play with their hair, and pick lint off their shirts constantly. Also nothing makes me feel better than a hug or a massage.
9. I cannot fall asleep at night if my feet are not a comfortable temperature. My whole body could be perfectly comfortable, but if my feet are too hot or too cold, I will lay in bed staring at the ceiling until I work up the energy to either remove my socks or go put some on.
10. I am obsessed with photoshop. It has reached the point now that I cannot show any pictures to anyone until I have first adjusted the lighting, fixed the redeye, gotten rid of any zits, removed any unflattering facial shine, and sharpened the clarity of the photo. It's ridiculous, really.
Now, don't you feel like you know me better?
1 comment:
I pace exactly the same way and Scott constantly makes fun of me for it! I love the story about the girl in your class, she sounds like a fun person to annoy. Good job as always <3
Post a Comment