Monday, October 13, 2008

Staplers- they're out to get me.

Currently I am exhausted...no thanks to the sweat I just worked up wrestling for 30 minutes with a stapler at work, trying to pry the dumb thing open to refill the staples. Which, by the way, makes it the second time I have beat myself up over one of these dumb objects this week. At least in today's match, I came out the victor. Last week, I wasn't so lucky.

Long story short, last week I was filling up a stapler, when it decided to spontaneously not close. Frustrated after a couple minutes, I slammed the thing down in a last resort to shut it...and it happened to slam down on my finger. I came THIS close to screaming as the staple penetrated my left middle finger...but then I remembered that probably wasn't a very professional thing to do while on the clock. Anyway, I pulled the stupid thing out of my finger and to my extreme surprise, it's didn't bleed a single drop. Que suerte.

Why is it that I cannot get along with these very useful and necessary office tools? Once I figure it out, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Kayla, well, all of us are challenged in at least one area. Some of us have more than one area! Love, you.

Mom

Lauren said...

That's really funny because I have the same problem with stapler REMOVERS. I was digging at the staple with a remover and ended up puncturing my finger. Mine did bleed a little though and I three the stapler remover on the floor.