Saturday, October 18, 2008

Still running on last night's adrenaline

I can now officially say that I have been to a haunted house.

Last night, I drove up with some friends and their friends to go to an apparently famous haunted house in Ogden, UT. (Click on the picture below to read the "legend" associated with it):

It took us something over an hour to get there, so you can imagine the worrying and nail-biting that took place on the ride up, at least for me.

The haunted house itself took us 40 minutes to get through, and was comprised of several different sections, including a CAVE, a SWAMP, a FOREST, a MINESHAFT, a CORN MAZE and several creepy old SHACKS. It also boasted some pretty interesting characters- a chainsaw murderer, a guy wildly waving a blowtorch, some demented clowns, an 8-foot bearded creeper, and a man entirely covered in blood who crept up behind me and whispered in my ear when I wasn't paying attention...just to name a few. Needless to say, I was freaked out.

It's a good thing David had the sense to bring some of his mission buddies along to serve as escorts for us girls...not that I was looking for an excuse to flirt or anything. I am just the most easily frightened/startled person I know, and I honestly don't know what I would have done if I didn't have someone to grab onto. Also I was very grateful with how patient the guy (Dallas) was with me, despite me dragging him along at reckless speeds and occasionally causing him to hit his head on various ceilings/beams. To tell you the truth, I think he kinda liked it, in some weird, manly, macho way.

It's crazy how hard my adrenaline was still pumping and how hard it was to just calm down, even hours after the fact. I must have looked pretty beat/overwhelmed, hahah, because everyone (or the boys at least) would ask me every few minutes if I was okay, and tell me how proud they were of me for being such a trooper, hahaha. How nice of them. I must say though, after going through something like that, I'm pretty proud of myself too.

Go me. There's another thing I can cross off my list...

No comments: