Wow. Christmas break has been AWESOME, to say the least. It has been so nice to wake up whenever, do whatever, and hang out with whoever.
No school, no work... it's pretty much the best.
No school, no work... it's pretty much the best.
This year for Christmas, we kind of spoiled ourselves. I got a Kindle, which I have been playing with pretty much nonstop since I got it this morning, and Mitch got his beloved Detroit Redwings jersey that he has wanted his whole life, and for one reason or another, has never got. Well, since his wife loves him very much, that was of course the first thing that she checked off his Christmas list (clear back during Thanksgiving). He was so pleased :)
The kitties got this "mewvie". I realize this probably seems a bit crazy to you people out there who don't like cats, or who think that I am obsessing over my pets and treating them like my children. Well, for now, these pets are my "children" until I have the luxury of having school out of the way and a stable job...so I am allowed to spoil them until the real deal comes along :D Anyway the concept of this mewvie just sounded ingenious, and heck, if it keeps them "intellectually stimulated" and out of trouble for a good portion of the day, I'm sold. True to their word, the kittens spent a good hour staring at the screen and pawing at the animals. Here they are, enjoying their Christmas spoils:

We also had a great time with the family, as we were able to spend Christmas Eve and some of today with my grandparents and extended family! We had lots of food, presents, singing, and games, and got to meet brand-new baby Jensen Furniss! It was a blast spending time with everyone.
As far as our own little family goes, Mitch and I have started these Christmas traditions so far- making Christmas treats and giving them to neighbors, friends, etc; reading the nativity story on Christmas Eve; singing Christmas hymns on Christmas Eve (I'm still working on convincing Mitch of that one); and adding a few ornaments to our tree (real ones with sentimental value, not dollar store glittery balls). Some were gifts from family, and some we bought, but slowly we are building our own family traditions! It has been a fun ride so far, and we're excited to share many more firsts together through the coming year.
Merry Christmas!

.
1 comment:
someone loves you now :D
Post a Comment