Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

This week I am giving thanks for Thanksgiving Break...I don't know how I would have survived this semester without it.

Needless to say, we had an awesome and well-deserved break. My family came into town, and it was so fun to hang out with them. Everyone is growing up so fast! Sophie is 12...weird, Emma is her same hilarious tomboyish self, and Ty is all grown up with no braces and will be breaking the ladies' hearts in no time, I'm sure.

We were so lucky to have two Thanksgivings, one with Dad's side and one with Mom's side...even though neither of those two actually occurred on Thanksgiving Day, haha. Here's one of them, with Grandpa Gene cutting the turkey:


On actual Thanksgiving Day, I went with the brothers and cousins to see HP7 (for the second time). It was so awesome.


For Black Friday, we started a new tradition (well, I want it to be a tradition anyway), of going shooting with the fam. Mitch took charge of this activity and did a great job of planning it. About 12 people went, we had 7 guns, and lotsss of ammo. Everyone had tons of fun, especially Dad, who needed a nice manly bonding activity, as well as an excuse to go gun shopping :D


Mitch is a little self-conscious of his "gay" eye protection...he got them for 2 bucks ok? :D


I cannot get over how attractive my brother is sometimes...bahaha


We destroyed about 20 of these targets.


All in all, it was a really fun, relaxing week! I was really sad to come back to school. But the good news is...only 17 days left of it until our next vacation :D

.

2 comments:

Kerstin said...

Wait a second....that picture of Gene looks awfully familiar, did you snag that from my facebook? :p *lol* though technically Michael took that picture with my camera, so it's all good ;-)

Kayla J said...

hahaha! busted!! I didn't even know you had a blog. but yes I did. I failed and didn't take any photos over the break except at the shooting range hahah.