Friday, December 10, 2010

An Eventful Week!

By reading this statement and continuing to read this post, you hereby agree not to make fun of me :D

Eventful Thing #1
We got another kitten.

In my defense, we did it purely based on scientific research (right...). But seriously, based on Diego's behavior of late (scratching to get our attention, deliberately getting in trouble to get our attention, moping around the house, etc.), he was lonely, and probably needed a friend. SO we got him one. We looked all over KSL until we found the perfect candidate- an 8 week old (we think) stray kitten with the most easy-going and social personality. So on Tuesday, we paid 10 bucks for him, took him off the pound's hands, and brought him home! Meet Teddy:


That picture doesn't really do him justice, but he is a plump little ball of fur that loves to snuggle and play. He is just like a little teddy bear- hence his name.

Here they are, getting acquainted. I will admit, it took Diego about a full 24 hours before he was on board with this sharing his space thing. But now that he is, we can't keep them separated.


Day 2 :)


Day 4- I swear we didn't stage this. I was reading on the couch and they both hopped up on my lap :D

So far so good- Diego's behavior is near-perfect now that he has someone to romp around with, and now we don't feel bad leaving him home for extended periods of time.
What a nice Christmas present :)

Eventful Thing #2
Wednesday night, we saw Brian Regan live at Mitch's company party!!! It was so awesome!!! Nuskin is a ridiculously rich company, which is probably the only way they were able to convince him to come perform in Orem Utah's local university's basketball gymnasium. Probably one of the best dates we've had in a looong time :D I laughed SO hard that night. Like...crying and snorting and not being able to breathe. And I am not ashamed to admit it :D



Eventful Thing #3
At this same company party, every part-time employee was given $300 to spend at Costco the following morning. It's a tradition they do every year, where Nuskin rents out Costco for the morning and lets their employees run wild with free Costco cash. When they announced this at the party, we were shocked. We were expecting $100, which is the normal allotted amount. Anyway, we had literally 9 hours to figure out what we were going to buy at Costco the next morning with $300, so we brainstormed all the way home, looked some stuff up online, and decided to buy...

A brand new 32-inch flat panel tv!! whooo. Our old 27" Philips Flat Screen CRT is now up for sale for $40...if anyone's interested :D

Eventful Thing #4
After about a million papers and projects and mandatory attendance classes...SCHOOL IS OVER for this semester! Granted...I have 5 extremely lengthy finals to take next week, but today is about celebration, not mourning.

Also, can I just say how much I love this movie. I sense a Recess movie night sometime in the near future...

.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Ummm that picture of Teddy and Diego snuggling is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen in my whole life!!! Holy cow. I'm kinda dying over here! :) Sounds like you had a great week!!

Sarah said...

Ummmm...yeah, those kitty pictures are so cute they should be illegal, or be on cute overload or something. I don't even like cats that much and I'm terribly jealous.

Sherry said...

Kayla, i vote that u should name him Mr. Wiskers! XD (squinting smiley face!)
Im glad u got a new tv.the other one was old.

Sophie

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.