Monday, January 3, 2011

Oh yes, it's nicer to lie in bed.

"Oh it's nice to get up in the morning, when the sun begins to shine
At 4 or 5 or 6 o'clock in the good old summertime.
But when the snow is snowin'
And it's murky overhead,
Oh it's nice to get up in the morning...
But it's nicer to lie in bed."

The credit for this song goes to my Grandpa Sam, who loves to sing it at a big brawling volume not only on winter mornings to wake us up, but also the summertime mornings. It is, and probably always will be the most accurate (and catchy) rendition of my feelings about waking up in the winter time (although I admit I have NEVER understood why anyone would want to get up at 4 or 5 in the morning, even in the summer). This winter break was no different...I did a LOT of lying in bed. I did, however, have my (few) productive moments.

Here is a comprehensive list of my achievements from my oh-so-lazy vacation:
-I finished my student teaching application- hooray!
-We sold our CRT TV! Finally.
-I worked 3 hours...haa
-We did our own little home improvement project, where we bought and repainted a coat rack for our wall.
-I delved into our box of wedding cards and mementos and started (and have almost finished) scrapbooking most of the stuff from our wedding!
-I bit the bullet and finished our wedding thank yous. 6 months later, ladies and gentlemen, but they are DONE. Halle-freaking-lujah.

In case your wedding thank you got lost in the mail, this is what they looked like, minus the nice personalized message on the back.

I was proud of them- they were relatively easy, cute, and soo cheap.
Hint for future newlyweds: Go the postcard thank you route- postcard stamps are 50% cheaper than regular stamps, there's no envelopes to buy or stuff, and there's just enough room to write a short personalized message on the back, without feeling like you have to write a novel to someone you barely know. It's about as easy as they get.

Some other highlights from the break were:
-going to the Utah Grizzlies game with family, and not dying on the way there and back. (Of course there was a huge blizzard the one night we had to drive to Salt Lake.)
-visiting family in Kaysville
-accidentally locking ourselves out of our apartment (there's a first for everything...)
-having a game night with some friends (we haven't totally dropped off the face of the earth...yet)
- staying in on New Years and pigging out on snacks and watching the Provo fireworks (front row seats from the comfort of our living room!)

All in all, a very nice and lazy stay-cation.

.

No comments: