The actual day of the wedding went so smoothly, it was perfect in every way. I woke up a little early to finish packing my stuff at grandma's to take back to my apartment, and then started getting ready. I had forgotten to bring another dress with me from the apartment, so I ended up wearing a pretty casual dress that I had left at grandma's. Oh well. Then Mitch and his dad stopped by so Mitch could get dressed in his suit, and we left with my mom together for the temple!

Our sealer was pretty intimidating, not gonna lie...basically an Elder Holland figure. Add to that the advice from people to pay attention to the advice he gives you, and I was scared I would miss something, so I stared at him the whole time, hanging onto his every word, afraid to appear like I didn't care what he was saying. He also was almost interrogating us, and had Mitch quote a few scriptures form memory on the spot. Like I said, kind of intimidating. But he gave us lots of great advice. Really really insightful, and the second night of our honeymoon, me and Mitch sat down to type it all out before we forgot it. His main mantra was "You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving." Amen. He also told us how important it we had sufficient love to be married today, but it's not enough for tomorrow. You have to keep that love growing every single day, it's a full time job, and it won't happen on its own, you have to work at it.
After the sealing everyone was allowed to come up and give you a hug and congratulate you. It meant soo much to both of us that all our families were able to be there.
After that we got to go change into our "wedding" clothes. I had so much fun, even though it only took me 20 minutes to get ready, and I ended up waiting the rest of the time. Then I got my bouquet, and we walked outside, hand-in-hand, to everyone flashing pictures and staring at us. It was a little awkward haha.

Like I said, awkward.


Then we just hugged more people, and tried to establish order so that the photographer could get a group shot. Then ensued 2+ hours of picture-taking, which actually wasn't that bad. I had a lot of fun, and Mitch even said it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. I think it helped that our photographer was so fun, and tried to make it fun for everyone else. From there we went straight to the dinner, and we were even a little late, so everyone was waiting for us. Holy cow there were so many people! It was pretty strange to have to walk through this huge hall with everyone clapping and staring at you. We made our way to the head table, and then my dad conducted the program. Both dads gave little speeches, and then we started eating! We made our way around trying to talk to everyone, but we only got about 1/4 of the way around the room when the rest of the program started.
both of the loves of my life! :D

mckinney bffs!!!

For the program, Sophie played "Families can be together forever" on her violin, and Carly sang "At last". Then me and Mitch had to give a little thank you speech (normally I'm good at speaking but for the life of me I don't know what came out of my mouth during that spiel. I know I sounded like an idiot, but oh well. It's my day, I do what I want :D)
After that we mingled with people until most everyone had left. Then my dad came up to me and gave me a piece of paper that Davey had asked him to give to us. On it was a picture of Davey's face with the caption "Founder of this union 2009" Ahahahahhaa. leave it to davey. I saved it and it will definitely be going into our scrapbook. Also everyone spent forever looking for our cars to mutilate. Luckily Mitch hid my car in a neighborhood not far from the stake center we had the dinner at. We knew they were frantically trying to find our car, so we decided to take our leave. Also I was just really tired and was tired of smiling, so I was happy to leave haha. We got to our car, and Zach and Tyler and Danny had found it and decorated it tastefully, for which I was very grateful.

Then we drove home, and it was finally starting to sink in that we were married. Driving home was the first moment alone we had since the ceremony, and it was bizarre that we were actually married. It was such an exciting feeling to look over at him and know that he was my husband forever!!
When we got back to our apartment, it had been decorated for our honeymoon!! Paul and Amy had left a trail of rose petals to the bed, with a whole bunch of hilarious signs and treats on the bed. It was so sweet of them, and hilarious. Thanks guys!

We woke up pretty late the next morning, and realized we hadn't even packed yet for our honeymoon, and we should have already left hahaha. We packed and ran a couple errands and then took off for california! It was a pretty uneventful drive, luckily, although we did almost run out of gas and mitch was really glad I insisted on backtracking 20 miles to get gas in the middle of the desert, when after that we didn't run into another gas station for two hours.
California was so fun. We didn't do a whole lot, but neither of us had been on vacation in a while so it was so nice to just get away. We ate out a lot, and hung out at the beach a lot, did some shopping, and pretty much just vegged. The highlight of the trip was having dinner with katherine and cory, and then going to ride on the ferris wheel on the pier. It was kind of a bummer, we only had a disposable camera for about half the trip, so the pictures of the ferris wheel didn't turn out, but oh well. These are the two pictures from the disposable camera that did turn out. kind of.


a liiiittle sunburned. overall we did good though...no third degree burns haha.

wuv. twue wuv.

On the drive back to UT we almost got run off the road by a semi, no big deal. Then we got back home and had to fly out the next morning at 8 am to texas for the reception. We had so so much fun in Texas. Mitch's family drove up for the reception so we were able to hang out a lot with them some more and it was just so relaxed and fun. The reception went well- the decorations and food turned out great!



It also meant so much to me that all my friends from high school drove from all over to come to it!! I was so touched that they cared enough to do that for me.

It all flew by, and we were so sad to leave our families. Saying goodbyes was hard, since we weren't sure when we'd be able to see them all next. We're hoping we'll be able to take enough time off work to come down for christmas and new years, but it's not for sure yet. Overall, a very successful past few weeks, thanks to our wonderful family and friends! I especially want to thank my mom and grandma for all the effort they put into organizing everything, I couldn't have done it without you!!
.
No comments:
Post a Comment