Well I don't know who came up with the idea originally, but lately Mitch and I have been toying with the idea of getting a kitten. For one thing, it's wayyy easier upkeep than a dog, especially in an apartment. Also, I always wanted one as a kid, but we never could because my dad was really allergic (at least, that's what my mom always told me :D). I intended to wait a while before we got a pet, just because I figured we had enough on our plate right now, but then it occurred to me that it would solve one of my main problems- the fact that I hate sleeping alone while Mitch is at work all hours of the night. Once I realized that, I couldn't get the idea out of my head, and we started looking online for kittens.
(If you are planning to get a cheap pet, KSL is the way to go. Literally every other posting we saw was for free kittens. The trick is to find the ones that are closest to you, have pictures, and have good descriptions of their personalities.)
We finally found a family in orem that was trying to get rid of their 5 kittens. They were raised with their 6 young children who were constantly holding (and harassing) them, so we were told they were all extremely cuddly and playful, which was important to me. If there's one thing I hate, it's a sullen, don't-touch-me cat. And so we went to pick one out. "Cinnamon" as they called him, was the prettiest one of the bunch, I thought, and according to the mom, the most playful and cuddly. This was made pretty apparent to us in the first 5 minutes of knowing him, when he passed out in my lap on the way home in the car.

We went to the store and got most of his necessities, including food bowls, food, super fancy litter box, brush, scratching post, and a chase toy. We took him home and he loves playing with his new toys already.


An hour later, and he was out like a light.

We settled on the name Diego, because... well because children's movies are always at the forefront of my mind, and it seemed to match his feisty personality... also when he runs it reminds me of a cougar or tiger, with his long loping strides.
Meet Diego:
=
1 comment:
cutteeee!!!
Post a Comment