1) My husband Mitch.
I have been bugging Mitch for a while now that he should start playing hockey again. For one, I have never seen him play before, two, he loves hockey and it's stupid that he tells people its his hobby when he doesn't even play it anymore, and three, with his newly discovered back issues he will need to start leading a more active lifestyle to keep his back in shape and prevent it from getting all out of whack again. Well he finally decided to take his mission buddy up on his offer to get together with some guys once a week to play roller hockey. He has been twice already, and he has had a blast. (It helped that I let him get new skates so that he could play...it was like Christmas all over again!) I have had so much fun watching him every week. I have to give him credit, I cannot believe he is as good as he is after not having played in over three years. I was so proud of him the past couple weeks when he, the "new guy", made several goals and had a few great assists.
2) Mi hermano, Zach (holding his soon-to-be-opened mission call!)
Last night, my brother Zach, got his mission call to serve our church for two years in South New York, speaking Haitian Creole. He reports to the missionary training center on July 6! I am so proud of my brother, and all the good choices he's made that have gotten him to this point. I cannot believe how old he is (and by default how old I am!) and how he will be gone for 2 whole years serving the Lord and helping people learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I will definitely miss him and worry about him, but I know he is doing the right thing and will be blessed for dedicating two years of his life to serving God.
Here are the boundaries of his mission...(yes it includes the island of Bermuda!)

So excited for him!!
Click here to learn more about our church and its dedication to missionary service :)
No comments:
Post a Comment