For those of you who are still on tenterhooks about my last post...we are not getting evicted! After demanding to speak to said manager's superior, we had a very reasonable conversation with her in which we managed to work out an arrangement. They will let us stay as long as we want if we pay a little extra in rent and deposit. since we did break the contract, we feel like this is reasonable. Also we are just grateful not to be evicted.
In other news...
I complain a lot these days. I am stressed and have been dealing with lots of health things so it has made me much more cynical the past semester. I know no one wants to read about my complaints, so I will refrain.
Another major thing lately is that I am so stressed to the point that I have begun to question my major...do I really want this kind of stress my whole life? Yes homework and projects make it stressful, but even just watching my mentor teacher the past two weeks I am in awe that she is able to keep her life together. She has been deathly sick the past week, yet still keeps coming to school because she is concerned her students wouldn't be able to pass their upcoming state writing assessment without her help. Basically she is burning herself out, and she doesn't even have a husband or kids to worry about! Am I really ready to sacrifice my sanity for the sake of my job? I know that it's more than a job...it's kids futures...and that's what makes me so nervous. I don't know that I want that kind of pressure, especially when I know that I will soon have my own family to keep me plenty busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment