It was there that I did this:

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is a ball python, and I am holding it. If you want to get technical, all those snakes were ball pythons, of different colorings. Our professor doesn't just have them for pets, she BREEDS them. How hardcore is that?
Well super science saturday did have a purpose besides having an excuse to take pictures with large snakes. We did some neat experiments and talked about teaching kids, and all that jazz that is actually relevant to my major. That was two weekends ago.
Last weekend was valentine's day...it was really boring. I painted my toenails for the occasion. Observe:
The highlight was Mitch setting up a little scavenger hunt for me, with yummy treats and a PILLOW PET at the end! haha he got me a CAT pillow pet for v-day! kind of perfect for me, actually.

Also did I mention it is the same coloring as Diego?? hahaha.
Anyway then we went out to eat at Denny's our classic. I make it sound like we really wanted to go to Denny's on our date night, but the truth of the matter is that we soon discovered (for the second year in a row) that trying to eat at any semi-decent restaurant in Provo is not realistic at all on V-day. Apparently no restaurants these days accept reservations...what the heck, right? And I worked til 7 so there was no hope of us camping outside Red Lobster's doors to save ourselves a spot in line. With all 2 million couples that there are in Provo, it was a pretty fruitless endeavor. So Denny's it was.
That was last weekend.
This weekend...
Long story short, I found out that my grandpa was in the hospital again. His kidneys had failed and it was looking pretty serious, like he may not make it. My dad even flew in from out of state to be here with the family at the hospital. Mitch, my brother and I all spent most of two days at the hospital as well. My grandpa was diagnosed with prostate cancer, along with a lot of other health issues, but the important thing is that after switching hospitals, doctors, medications, and after many many prayers, things are finally looking better. The cancer is treatable and they fixed his kidneys and he will be able to go home soon. It was a very busy and emotional weekend, but it has made me even more grateful for the knowledge that I have about where I come from, why I'm here, and where I'll go after this life. It is so comforting to have that knowledge during especially trying times with people you care about :)
No comments:
Post a Comment