Recent research shows what many of us knew all along: Our moods dictate what we eat. Here's a few examples. Do any of these sound familiar to you?
* If you crave tough foods, like meat, or hard and crunchy foods, you could be feeling angry.
* If you crave sugars, you could be feeling depressed.
* If you crave soft and sweet foods, like ice cream, you could be feeling anxious.
* If you crave salty foods, you could be stressed.
* If you crave bulky, fill-you-up foods, like crackers and pasta, you could be feeling lonely
* If you crave anything and everything, you could be feeling jealous.
I don't know how much stock I put by this...but judging by my moods and cravings the past few weeks, I'd say it's spot on. My classes this semester are giving me so much anxiety! All I have wanted to eat for the past few days is this:
doughnuts...mm. I feel like I would enjoy them that much more if they were beautiful colors.

oh my...bread pudding. specifically, the delectable bread pudding with caramel sauce that Matt and Cristy made for Christmas dinner last month...

and oh my word, the love potion. A frappe made with cocoa beans instead of coffee beans, and strawberry syrup and whipped cream. I am drooling.
I have senioritis so bad. Like, I had it BAD in high school and I think it might be worse now. I am so stressed with some of my classes that I just give up and don't do my homework most nights, because I can't bring myself to. It doesn't help that most of my professors are extremely disorganized and in three of my classes, I never know what is due at any given time. I'm sure everyone has these problems, I'm not special. There are tons of crappy professors out there who get tenure, though it still boggles my mind how they manage to do so. But the fact that I am not the only one with these struggles makes me even more determined to do something about it. Just what...I am not sure yet. If nothing else, they have a scathing end of semester review from me to look forward to :D
No comments:
Post a Comment