Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vacation from life

A couple weeks ago, Mitch and I had the amazing opportunity to spend the weekend down in Lake Powell with the Kinnisons on their houseboat. Neither of us had ever been before, and let me tell you it is one of those places that cannot be described in words. It seriously is one of the most magical places on earth, with huge red rocks surrounding you, and nothing for miles but a huge expanse of deep blue water separating you from the rest of the world.

Considering the stress that both of us (okay mainly me) had been under from school and work, it was a much-needed vacation. It was so nice waking up to this view Friday morning, knowing that we were here instead of class.


This is the houseboat parked in Jabba the Bay...


Here we are making our pilgrimage to Jabba the Rock, the landmark for which we named the bay. Can you guess why?


awesome.


Mitch jumping off Jabba. he's braver than me.


Mitch wakeboading. It was the second time in his life trying and he dominated. I tried 7+ times and I couldn't even get up ahahha. he makes us look good.


Mitch jumping off a 25-foot cliff. Can you tell which of us is the more outdoorsy one? :D


Tubing. Oh yeah, look at that face.


Did I mention that this vacation was the Kinnison's wedding present to us? It goes without saying that this was a one-of-a-kind wedding gift that we will always treasure :)


I miss it already...


1 comment: