Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blogging > Homework

I think the title says it all...

Monday was Mitch's 23rd birthday!! It was the first night in about 10 days that we got to be together, where neither of us had to work. Perfect timing. It also worked out really well because he had class all afternoon, giving me plenty of time to decorate the apartment and get everything ready for when he got back! He is such a great husband and I am so lucky to have him, I wanted to make his birthday special for him since he hasn't had a real birthday since before his mission, poor thing. He was pleasantly surprised :)

Here he is, opening his presents. I got him a bag full of all of his favorite things I don't normally let him eat :D

Funny story about his presents...I had originally ordered him this, but of course since I didn't learn my lesson from the first fiasco of ordering something from Asia (remember the wedding dress??), I naturally had to do it again...

Long story short, his jersey was lost in the mail, which the company informed me of 3 days before his birthday. I didn't have a lot of time to throw something together, so a junk food gift sounded like a pretty good idea, with a promise that Santa would bring his jersey for Christmas. Needless to say, I will be biting the bullet and getting him an authentic one this time...no more sketchy fake jerseys. The extra money is worth it not having to deal with Asia again.

I did have pictures of him with the awesome, really nice razor my mom got him, as well as some pictures of the lovely apartment decorating job I did, but our camera's memory card is awesome and chooses to delete pictures randomly. These are the ones it decided to spare.

family picture! I look 15 pounds heavier in this picture than in real life, but Mitch looks good. What a cutie :)


We had fun skyping with Mitch's family and talking to mine on the phone. Then we enjoyed birthday cake! I made him a pizookie. He wanted a cookie cake, and pizookies are a variation of that, just a lot better. If you don't know what they are, google it. It basically looked like this:


but without the candle. He wouldn't let me put one on since he'd already been sung to twice in one night hehe :D

And of course the night wouldn't have been complete without enjoying kitty's antics:

somehow he ended up on the kitchen counter, eating the leftover birthday dinner. We're still not quite sure how he managed that.

No comments: