Thursday, July 1, 2010

Houston, we have a dress.

It is the second 'backup' dress, but it is nonetheless beautiful and most importantly, it actually fits me! The seamstress did a great job, for which I was very grateful. So grateful, in fact, that I brought her day-old cinnamon rolls from work as a thank you. That may not sound like much of a thank you, but trust me, they were still yummy! (I would know...it's a miracle that I haven't gained any weight working at this bakery for the past month.)

In the end, they didn't make me pay the difference, or for the alterations. It was just the seamstress at the store when we met yesterday, and I don't know if she just didn't care, or if she was specifically told to just give me this more expensive dress and alterations free of charge...either way, money was not discussed and she bagged the dress up and told me I was good to go! Smart move on her part, I'm sure she was just glad to get me out of there, and didn't want to sit through another hour of price negotiation.

So now that THAT fiasco is over with, I've still got a lot on my plate. Bridals tonight, Mitch's family AND my family get here tonight, 3rd of July work and festivities, stake president interviews, food, flowers, cake, ties, temple...the list goes on. And of course amidst all of that, find time to play with the fam and inlaws :)

We did get our marriage license today at the county clerk's office!! How exciting. We are officially and legally able to get married now! Yay :)

To sum up the past few weeks, they have been tortuously long and stressful, but I am now just grateful to finally have the dress in my possession! Click here for a sneak preview of it...just know that I will not be wearing that long of a veil with it, haha :D

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the dress!

Nikki & James said...

ohhh i like it! can't wait to see it on you!