Ok- being married is awesome.
Not only do I no longer have a curfew when I have to leave and drive back home, but I just get to be with Mitch ALL the time. Minus school and work of course. But still, it's a much better arrangement than being engaged/dating. No limits!!Also, it's just a really good feeling to be on your own. Kinda scary at first, but let's be honest, I thrive on independence. I've been waiting for this my whole life. I love cleaning and organizing and decorating our new apartment. It's not the nicest apartment ever, but it is OURS. And I love it.
We also just have so much to be grateful for:
- for being sealed for time and all eternity to each other! The blessings of the temple are so wonderful. I couldn't pick a more perfect husband to be with forever- he is my everything :)
- for my grandparents letting me stay in their house for a couple months before the wedding. Not paying rent was so, so nice.
- for all the help in wedding planning/bridals showers/and other support I received from family and friends.
- for the greatest in-laws I could ask for- I love them like I love my own family and I feel so welcome around them :)
- for the wonderful flexible jobs we've been blessed with that allowed us to take time off for the wedding
- for safety in traveling to our various wedding destinations (we were almost run off the road by a semi in california. luckily Mitch made a good split-second judgment that saved us from certain death. I was asleep during the whole ordeal...hahah)
- for our front porch thief not being interested in the one wedding present delivered and left on our porch while we were out of town...it is my favorite cookbook I have ever received, and I'm so glad he didn't want it!!
- and last but not least, for the generosity of all our friends and family- some of whom traveled quite a distance to come support us - thanks so much for coming to our wedding and reception and showering us with wonderful gifts! We love you!

3 comments:
yay marriage!! We should have a newly wed double sometime :)
KAYLA! You are married! It really is the best thing in the world, and I promise it just keeps getting better every day! I can't wait to hear about everything!!! :)
yay yay yay yay!!!!! i'm so happy!! you're so happy! i'm so happy you're happy. i love you and am so glad to see you and mitch happy!!! aka this whole post should just emulate HAPPINESS!!!!! hope to see you around and soon!
Post a Comment