Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dream Come True

Good: Yesterday, about an hour into class, my children's lit professor steps out into the hall and comes back in with brick oven pizzas and rootbeer for the whole class!

Better: While passing out said pizza, he says, "Today is my last day of teaching ever! I will be retiring at the end of this term. We were supposed to review for our final today, but I thought to myself, I don't want to talk about finals. I want to celebrate and have pizza instead! I don't really want to grade finals either, so guys, don't come to the final. Because I won't be there."

Best: He continues, "In fact, I have been harping on you guys so much this semester about how you are in charge of your own education," (he has) "I have decided that you are mature enough to grade yourselves. I am passing out notecards right now. Will you please write your name on a card and write the grade you think you deserve, and I promise to honor whatever grade you write on there."

Oh yeah.

2 comments:

Hannah Richins said...

That's so awesome! I loved him! That was my favorite class at BYU for sure :) I'm so happy you don't have to take your final or worry about your grade. What great news!

James and Megan said...

That is awesome Kayla! Who was your professor?