Friday, July 15, 2011

Elder Zachie-Poo

Wow it has been wayyyy too long since I have updated this. In my defense, a lot has happened so it has seemed really overwhelming to write it all down.

1. Mitch and I packed up our cars and drove across the country. We had a small holdup in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, where my car randomly stalled at a light. Luckily the police officer was beyond nice and helped us move it off the road, and he called a buddy who came to look at our car and fixed it in like two seconds. Blessings, blessings, blessings!

2. We spent two weeks with my family, swimming, going to the Rangers game where we saw Dirk throw the first pitch, and hanging out with extended family!

3. We said good-bye to Zach for two years as he goes to serve a mission for our church in New York City! It was sad, but exciting too! I got the first email from him today actually! He is doing great and loves it. We are so proud :)


4. We finally arrived in Houston where we are staying with Mitch's family while we figure out our lives hahah. The plan so far is for me to do my student teaching and graduate. Meanwhile, Mitch will find a job, and hopefully I can find a job too and we will both work and save up for a year-ish so that we can afford for him to go to flight school here in Houston. Of course, plans change, but that's all we've got for now haha.

I wish this post was more exciting, but this is more for documentation than for entertainment.

Oh, side note. I read Dracula this week, and I must say I was disappointed. I do enjoy a lot of the classics, but this one was just so SLOW that it was hard to believe that it was supposed to be a horror story. It starts out awesome for the first like 25% of the book, and then goes really downhill from there. If you haven't read it, don't. You're not missing out on much.

I did, however, read a good book this week too. It was a very quick YA read, but it was an interesting insight into the Roman lifestyle/time period. It's called Tiger, Tiger. It's on my book list on the right sidebar.

Ok that's all. Interesting post today, I know.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

It was fun to see you while you were home. You should read the Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's actually a novel about Dracula (both the real one and the Bram Stoker one - sort of intertwines the two). It was not slow at all, but really fascinating and way spooky!