Sunday, May 1, 2011

Little known fact about Kayla...

I love cemeteries. I am one of two people I know that don't get weirded out by them. Truthfully, I think they are beautiful and I love the special spirit I feel when I am in them. Since the weather finally started to cooperate and behave like spring today, I made Mitch take a walk through the local cemetery with me. I really wanted to walk somewhere, and it's right across the street, and much more picturesque than taking a walk down the road to, say, 7-11. It did not disappoint.









We found out not too long ago that my great-grandmother is buried in this particular cemetery, so we went and tracked down her grave.


See? We love the cemetery.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Am I one of those two people? If not, you should up your list to three. I have long thought that cemeteries are not morbid, but mysteriously beautiful. My fave cemetery (yes, I have a fave - see what I mean about loving them??) is the Cimetière du Père-Lachaise in Paris. It is INCREDIBLE!

Kayla J said...

oh my I want to go!! my fave so far (I admit I am not as well-traveled) is Arlington Cemetery in DC!!!