I feel ya, Mr. Jefferson.
The past month I have been doing nothing but reading, day in and day out. Thanks to my children's literature class that I am taking right now, I get to read 80 mandatory minutes of children's literature every. day. Well...5 days a week. But you don't hear me complaining :)
A typical day consists of me going to my 2 exercise classes (jogging and self-defense...seriously what was I thinking taking two of those back to back??), coming home, then sitting around reading all day because I HAVE to, often neglecting other important things...like making dinner, cleaning the apartment, showering. jk. but seriously.
I have discovered so many new favorites in this month alone...I don't know how or why I went most of my college career without reading for pleasure. Oh wait I do know why, because the one time I did read a series in the middle of classes, I ended up also neglecting my homework for 3 straight days until I finished it :D
There is a sampling of the books I have read the past couple weeks in the right column. They range from fiction to nonfiction, chapter to picture, and favorite to not-so-favorite. Honestly most of the ones pictured I really liked. To my own surprise, I actually enjoyed the Lincoln Photobiography, as well as the Hitler Youth book.
If I had to recommend top 3, I'd go with these 3 (all picture books):
Flotsam, by David Wiesner
Please Bury Me in the Library, by J. Patrick Lewis
I have a special place in my heart for that last book of poetry- it seems that the author shares my same obsession with books hehe :D
If you're serious about recommendations for your kids, click on a book in that collage type thing on the right, and it will bring up my goodreads page and show you what I thought about it!



No comments:
Post a Comment