Today I realized though, that through it all, some really awesome stuff has kept me afloat this week. So in honor of Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks, I have decided to make a post about the things that have been going GREAT in my life that I am very thankful for.
1- Reading The Hunger Games. Enough said. A good book=my sanctuary from the real world.

2- Purchasing my very first nativity! I am SO excited for Christmas, and my mom collects nativities so I have always loved them. It was really hard just picking ONE because I loved so many, but I wanted one that was small since we'll be moving soon. Anyway I saw this at the BYU bookstore and I loved the idea of Santa kneeling to Jesus. I thought it was a very visual way of putting things in the correct perspective. Also, it plays music. So here it is, my very first nativity:

3- Monster Madness Book Fair! I LOVE book fairs. The school I'm student teaching at this month just had their book fair and I had so much fun looking at books and planning the class libraries of my future classroom. Here are some of my purchases:



4-The New Harry Potter movie!!! I realize this is pretty nerdy of me, but I absolutely cannot
wait to see the first 7th movie. In fact, some friends and I may or may not be planning a Harry Potter party, where some of these treats might make an appearance.

5- Literary Minds Exhibit- A couple days ago when I was looking for anything to distract me from doing my homework, I decided on a whim to go to the Literary Minds exhibit in the BYU library. There, they had original manuscripts from over 15 authors- including Walt Whitman, Charles Dickens, Lewis Carroll, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Robert Louis Stevenson, and Louisa May Alcott. Among the artifacts were a FIRST EDITION Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and a FIRST EDITION Treasure Island- two of my most favorite classics ever!! Sigh.
(it actually looked just like this!!)

With 4/5 of these things being book-related, I guess you could say that most of all this week, I'm thankful for books!!!
1 comment:
I love that nativity! I think I might need to head over to the BYU Bookstore and get one, too. You're right, it's a great way to put things into perspective.
Post a Comment