Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm gettin hitched!

Here's how it went. Mitch told me Friday night that he had gone to Zales and they hadn't finished resizing the ring yet, so unfortunately he didn't have it yet. But he wanted to do something fun, so he persuaded me to go up to the canyon Friday night to our spot where we first held hands. It had snowed ALL day the day before, and some of Friday. You can't tell from the picture, but we trudged through 3 feet of snow to get to this campsite. Somehow, we managed to make a fire in a snowy fire pit.


There we were, roasting marshmallows and talking, he said, "I have a question." I immediately got nervous, who wouldn't when you phrase something like that? Then he got down on one knee and did that whole thing, but I admit I was a little confused because he didn't have a ring. I think I gave him a quizzical look, and that's the look he was waiting for. He said, "aha!" and pulled the ring out of his pocket. Then I said yes :)


We got back to my apartment, and my roommates insisted on documenting this memorable night. This is a really weird angle, but I think my face is funny.



My roommates weren't the only ones who wanted to document the occasion...my grandma of course joined in on the fun! Aren't we so cute? We always match on accident.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Yea! Congrats, I'm so excited for you!