Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Child in Me.

So this week I had an experience that made me reflect on my inner child...an embarassing and slightly graphic experience, but a symbolic one nevertheless.

It all goes back to how I'm still recovering a little from the pneumonia that hit me a couple weeks back. I'm feeling loads better, but it takes a long time for me to fully bounce back to my old self after being that sick. Anyway, to say the least, I am still a fountain of snot and often very tired. So the other night, I'm blowing my nose, (a totally normal occurence considering that I am still phlegmy) and all of a sudden I feel something fairly large dislodge from my nose. I look into the tissue, and lo and behold, there is a long-grain piece of rice...leftover from lunch that day.

Hahahhhaa. How it got there, I don't know. But my first thought was, getting random things stuck up your nose is not something a 19-almost 20-year-old-college-student should be having problems with...this is something that most 2-year-olds struggle with. Anyway it was just a very poignant reminder to me that some things may never change, and the child in me may never go away, in fact, it might remain an integral part of who I am.

Who ever knew that a piece of rice could inspire such profound thoughts?

Lauren Bedard's Birthday
May 1999
See if you can pick me out...

2 comments:

Jami said...

Alright Kayla. That's pretty disgusting! And..does anyone have a hard time finding you in that picture? :D I didn't realize Sophie looks so much like you.

Lauren said...

Okay, gross! um, I put your amazing picture on my blog. Check it out!