The Friday before Thanksgiving was my last day of student teaching! it is a glorious feeling. the last day of school I gave my mentor teacher a book of mormon and all three missionary pamphlets. I wrote her a note and my testimony inside the bom. We have had a few discussions about religion, she is looking for a new congregation to join (though I'm sure her intentions were not to join a completely new religion haha. she is baptist.) anyway she has appeared fairly open-minded so I hope she at least opens it to read my testimony. she is a really good person with very high values and she has a lot of integrity. I know it wouldn't take much for her to fit right in the church, so we'll see how things go.
as my going away present she had the students all write me a letter and draw me a picture. it was so sweet. here is an excerpt from my favorite letter, though surprisingly not my favorite student. in fact, I would say that she was probably my least favorite student, and somehow she managed to write this amazing letter. it is the most coherent piece of writing I have ever seen her do. and she did this at school with no help from anyone so that's saying a lot:
Dear Mrs. Davies,
I hope all of the children be a loving class to you. You always teached us fun things in class. I hope your class don't make you feel lonely. Make sure your class do some hard-working. Every time you have fear just look at one of our notes and you'll be brave.
Aww isn't that so sweet!! I read it to mitch and he was like, "wow that was deep...it sounds like something the prophet would say" haha. I will miss the kids, but I'm glad to be moving on.
I just found out that I passed my giant culminating assignment that decides if I graduate or not...so I guess now I just wait for my diploma, and in the meantime, apply for jobs. Here's the thing...I have absolutely no idea what type of job to apply for. haha. so glad college prepared me for real life! jk...but seriously.
my main concern is that I get so exhausted and moody throughout the day, that I just cannot see myself going back to a full time job. now that I at least know what is causing my daytime sleepiness, I'm hoping to get a handle on it with the new medication that's supposed to come in the mail tomorrow.
as far as the career/temporary job indecision...I guess I will be doing a lot of praying over the next few days/weeks. I would appreciate any of your prayers as well...I will need all the inspiration I can get!!
No comments:
Post a Comment