Friday, October 21, 2011

Shell Frame

So my BFF is getting married tomorrow. I was not able to go to the wedding in California, but I wanted to get her something special for her wedding. I wanted to do it along the lines of something she loves (OK obviously...I wouldn't be her best friend if I got her something she hated). Well there is probably nothing in the whole world she loves more than the beach. OK, maybe her future husband, but even that's probably up for debate. Haha! Just kidding. But she really is obsessed with the beach.

Well her engagement pictures are just gorgeous, taken on the beach. I figured, a beach frame would be cute and more personal than a lame BB&B gift card...am I right? Well the ones I saw at the store/online were either ugly, or too expensive. And I was in the mood to let off some steam in a productive sort of crafty way, so this frame was born. The one pictured is actually mine...I had leftover supplies and the frames were on sale, so I figured, why not? Mine is a 5x7 and my friend's is an 8x10, but other than that they both look basically the same.

This is it in its first stage. I have sand that I have yet to decide to sprinkle between the cracks of the shells to give it some interest..what do you think?

No comments: