Monday, May 10, 2010

When Pigs Flew

I hate hiking the Y. Hate hate hate. I might add that in general I really enjoy hiking, just not when I feel like I am actually scaling a mountain. I feel like switchbacks were invented for a reason, and it doesn't seem that difficult of a concept to use them judiciously in designing a hiking trail. The people who designed the Y did not have me in mind when they constructed its path. The path is so, so steep, which not only tires me out in less than 3 minutes, but also renders me completely unable to breathe in about the same amount of time (I was never officially diagnosed with cold-induced asthma, but I know I have it haha. I swear. It runs in the family.)

For all of the above reasons, I have hiked this trail exactly one and a half times, and I never thought I'd see the day when I would willingly hike the Y again, much less suggest it as an activity. This in and of itself should testify of how Mitch helps me achieve things I never thought possible! Cheesy, but whatever :D

After working at 8 am on a Saturday, I was feeling very lethargic and wanted an outdoorsy, active, pick-me-up activity, and I suddenly found myself suggesting to Mitch that we hike the Y. So we packed up some water and headed off to the mountain.

Spoiler alert: I survived.

I had my fair share of struggles, and I'm sure I slowed Mitch down a lot, BUT with him holding my hand every step of the way, I made it, and without falling down the slippery gravel trail too!!! I even surprised myself :D

the foreboding trailhead...dun dun dun


just starting out. so stylish, sportin the jacket tied around the waist...


probably only about 1/4 of the way up the mountain. notice how red my face is in every picture hahaha.


success!!


oh provo.


a little tuckered out :D


what a stud.


yesssss

No comments: